Monday, April 05, 2010
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
Been a long time
Hello family, thought i'd post some pics of the special people in my life who's been keeping me away from blogging, though i do check your blogs to get updates on you guys.
Hope you enjoy these pics!
Moi at the Haitian Kompa festival in Miami
baby and daddy
baby and mommy in Haiti
learning how to swim
being the cutie that he is
Tuesday, January 08, 2008
Wednesday, August 29, 2007
Sorry for neglecting my online sisterlock family
I just logged onto my blog about to create a new post and the first thing that poped up is a screen full of comments which asks me to accept or reject all and publish the ones i want to. Everyone, this must be one of the new features of the new blogger, had no idea you guys had been commenting on my posts. It seems the comments screen shows up when i'm ready to create a new post. You guys will have to show me how to allow posts to show automatically on my blog. Thanks for all your comments, sorry for not replying to all of them, you guys know i have love for you all and i have been keeping up with your progresses. For those who missed me, i missed you even more.
Well, i was tagged by Cashana back in June, and i have to share 7 things about myself that you don't already know.
1. You haven't heard from me in the past several months because i've been busy with life, my 9 year old son and my pregnancy, see a pic of me and how i've enlarged, from my lip to my nose to my body. Can't wait to shed off all this weight.
2. I am 8 months pregnant, expecting another boy, can't wait to meet him and welcome him to the world.
3. I've been an only child all my life, so was my mom. This is why earlier on in life, i always knew i wanted more than 1 kid, it's lonely being an only child, although i must admit it has its benefits.
4. June 2 of this year I celebrated my 1 year lockversay, loving sisterlocks even more and still getting stopped for questions and compliments.
okay, i'm running out of facts about myself...
5. I'm planning on moving out of New York within the next year, going to either Fort Myers or Georgia, weighing the pros and cons of each to make final decision.
6. My favorite kind of music is Zouk (challenge for those of you who don't know to find out what kind of music that is)
7. I hate, absolutely abhor seeing young boys and man with their pants hanging all the way down showing off their underwear. Some people think it's racial profiling, i actually support a law that bans that foolishness, i'm about to have 2 boys and i will have a heart attack if any of them were to come in my house wearing their pants down, although to be honest with you i don't think that will ever happen. My son knows how i feel about that, the N word and wearing durags in public.
I am going to tag 3 other people, coming up with 7 is hard for me because i don't want to pick out people who's already been tagged. So here we go:
and I'll leave a comment on their blogs that i've tagged them.
Till next time Fam!
Tuesday, February 13, 2007
Oh my lord i've been tagged!
by Ayankha, so i must share with you 5 things about myself that you don't already know. Believe it or not, it took me several days to think about this and come up with something, so here it goes.
1. For the past 12 years, i've been an avid attendee at Alvin Ailey performances. I love the shows so much that anyone who knows me intimately know this is a good gift for the holiday seasons. I've even started taking my mom and son the past 4 years.
This is my darling son pointing to Clifton Brown who performed "Caught" one of our favorite performance.
2. In elementary school, i was thought to be a bully because of my no-nonsense attitude and not taking bs from other students. Although i never terrorized anyone, students used to come to me to deal with kids that would bother them or take items from them, knowing i'd seek justice on their behalf. Ironically, i've grown into an adult who's very much into civil rights, at one point i wanted to be a civil rights attorney, but that's changed, not because the desire isn't there anymore, just that sadly, some priorities have shifted.
3. My mother had me at the age of 16. For most of my life, people always thought she was my older sister, at 49, she looks better than ever. She loves traveling around the world, shopping (she's a sucker for designer bags), working out and she aspires to one day be a business owner (i sense that day coming around pretty soon).
4. I came to the US at the age of 13. Growing up in Haiti, I had the impression that NY was filled with assassins roaming the streets, thus when i first moved here, i wanted to relocate to Canada instead.
5. This is my darling Cosmo
isn't he lovely?
Here you go, ya'll know all about me now.
I am tagging: "simply mel, sisterlock adoration and a funkykindaglow