Still trying to figure out this life stuff

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Oh my lord i've been tagged!

by Ayankha, so i must share with you 5 things about myself that you don't already know. Believe it or not, it took me several days to think about this and come up with something, so here it goes.

1. For the past 12 years, i've been an avid attendee at Alvin Ailey performances. I love the shows so much that anyone who knows me intimately know this is a good gift for the holiday seasons. I've even started taking my mom and son the past 4 years.

This is my darling son pointing to Clifton Brown who performed "Caught" one of our favorite performance.

2. In elementary school, i was thought to be a bully because of my no-nonsense attitude and not taking bs from other students. Although i never terrorized anyone, students used to come to me to deal with kids that would bother them or take items from them, knowing i'd seek justice on their behalf. Ironically, i've grown into an adult who's very much into civil rights, at one point i wanted to be a civil rights attorney, but that's changed, not because the desire isn't there anymore, just that sadly, some priorities have shifted.

3. My mother had me at the age of 16. For most of my life, people always thought she was my older sister, at 49, she looks better than ever. She loves traveling around the world, shopping (she's a sucker for designer bags), working out and she aspires to one day be a business owner (i sense that day coming around pretty soon).

4. I came to the US at the age of 13. Growing up in Haiti, I had the impression that NY was filled with assassins roaming the streets, thus when i first moved here, i wanted to relocate to Canada instead.

5. This is my darling Cosmo

isn't he lovely?

Here you go, ya'll know all about me now.

I am tagging: "simply mel, sisterlock adoration and a funkykindaglow

4 Comments:

At 12:10 PM, Blogger ayankha said...

it was great to learn those new things about you. i agree, your mother looks great! i cant believe you have a child! good looks must run in the family. thanks for sharing!

btw- your hard looks soooo gorgeous!

 
At 4:26 PM, Blogger Abena Abena said...

Wow, you and your mom look just alike (but I am sure you have heard that a thousand times)! Your doggy is adorable.

 
At 12:44 PM, Blogger Maryee said...

Cool facts!! You and your mother are beautiful!!! Cosmo, too!! :-)

 
At 11:58 AM, Blogger Cashana said...

You have been tagged. Check out my blog for directions. I am looking forward to seeing the progression of your locks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Me and my traditional locks